Front-End Optimization (FEO) is a set of techniques or products that can be used to speed up websites.
Websites listing Front-End Optimization techniques often just list them and don't prioritise the techniques.
These are the key things you should do which are easy to implement
As images represent approximately 50% of all data and requests on eCommerce websites, Elasticera can play an important part in a Front-End Optimisation strategy.
- The Elasticera Image Transformation Service can significantly reduce the file size of the images.
- The Elasticera Image Transformation Service reduces the time it takes to download images no matter where your customers are.
- The Elasticera Image Transformation Service has an intelligent multi-tier caching architecture making repeat visits faster.
CSS Sprites enable web developers to combine multiple images in a single image and use CSS to reference the images. This can significantly reduce the number of HTTP requests which improves performance.
Set HTTP cache headers, e.g. cache-control, so web browsers don't revisit the website to see if there is newer content. If you set a long expires then you should version the files.
- Reduce the number of HTTP requests
- Reduce the number of libraries
- Only load what you need and only when you need it
- Serve static content from Cookieless domain so cookies not needlessly sent with every HTTP request